3.28.2012

#88


One word- Mari. Yes this woman keeps me going. Someday I want to have her disposicao! And the meals she makes are the yummiest thing ever. She was laughing that I took a picture but I just have to capture these moments. She is a true friend. I like a traditional brazilian meal like this about 3x a week but don't love the arroz and feijao every day. I made the yummiest meal for the elders and was so proud of myself. I even made maracuja and goiba juices natural. It's so easy and so yummy! 


#87
Today I had no energy! Probably because yesterday the missionaries came for lunch, Fran called and the basement had a flood, Vania and Lihledna and Quiteiria came over in the afternoon, and then we had a Primary meeting at night and the kids were crying and well- it was a long day to say the least. This single mom thing is so not cool at times. But I'm glad I've kept busy to not feel so lonely. But we are ready for papai to come home and Maile is cobrando her maquiagem do Barbie. 


#86
Lee has been gone and I've been missing him like crazy. Maile has been snuggling with me each night and last night Lukey had nightmares or something cause he kept letting out these little squeeky cries so I brought him to bed with me. I woke up to this little vision. As I looked at his eyelashes I just stared and thought about how much I love this little boy. He is so special. I gave him a cheiro and looked over at Maile and just breathed in my sweet children. It is so wonderful to have them in my life. 
I took a bolo over to Quiteria cause it was her birthday today and she was so happy. The kids had made her a card and she just loved it so much. I had a nice visit with them and just realized how important it is to go out of my way to do little things like this for people. Even if I do get lost on the way over like 5 times. :)


 #85
Sunday I gave a talk in church about Primary and raising kids in the Gospel. I love to speak and bear my testimony. I felt really good about it. And of course talked about Luan and what a little bit of love does for a kid. :) I had them come over for lunch and they ate the whole pan of macarrao! :) These kids can eat. They are great kids and will have a bright future if they continue to hold to the rod! 


 #84
 Vania and I stayed up until 3am just chatting the night away. She is such a dear friend and my best one here in Brazil. I will miss them so much. The kids all play so cute together too- well, when they're not tired, that is. :) They had a fun day in the sun and we did biscuit, swimming, played with the chicks, rocked in the hammocks, made lunch and had a great time. I got home and we were all so tired we fell asleep until 8pm to get our breath back!


 #83
This week we got an Easter package from Grandma! And boy were we happy to see all that chocolate and yummy and fun things. Grandma is the best!! :) And TGIF! It was a long day and tonight we're headed to the shopping with Vania, Juliana, and all the kids! We're going to sleep at her house and have a big slumber party. We're husband-less so we decided to keep each other company! :)

 #82
Then off to teach English at Maile's school on Thursdays and I send her ready in her ballet outfit. We did the sock bun today and it looked awesome! Brazilian bun! :) She is so sweet. 


#81

I am teaching at CERC school which is such a great school and am loving the sweet little kids. I teach 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. My favorite are the little kids- they are so sweet. I teach them about "hello" "bye bye" "baby" "cow" "dog" and so many other little things and they just love it. My favorite are the 2-3 year olds and 4-5 year olds because having kids those ages it's easy to know their levels and what they love. How cute is this little guy, Rodolfo!


#80

I can drive!!! Ahhhh- freedom!! It's so nice to be able to put my way around Campina. Dodge the bikes, motorcycles, donkeys, but hey- it works. And I went out to Vania's to spend the day! Check out the size of these avacados! I love the natureza out there. Juliana and Jennifer came and she loved getting out of the house and said at the end of the day that I was her best friend. It was so cute. No telling what a simple act of kindness can do in someone's life. I went home just beaming that I helped her feel that way. It was a nice distraction to the fact that Lee went to Boston for a week to fix the maquina. I hate it when he goes. :(


 #79
Mari is back!!! Halelujah!! And Maile is so happy cause she got her "papa" in the morning! :) Oh man- there is no comparison to what Mari can get done and Quiteiria in a day. Even though I love Quiteiria, Mari is just Mari. It was so happy to have her here- she is the best. A casa esta sorrindo!! 


#78
Sunday is always corrida but at night we had Sharles and Aline over (sorry you were deleted from my facebook :) lol) and Marcio Teles to seranade us in some good ol brasilian classics. The only one not on board.... Ligleydson! "Estou escutando ele desde 15 anos!" kkk. Well, I loooove his music and it was so fun to be around good friends, good food (chilie!) and fun!


#77

Saturday was the clean out at the church and we went over for lunch and Surama made a yummy homemade brazilian meal with the best puree ever. I love how our little ward is a family. They came over to swim that night and we had a great time- Hercules and Cida came too and they're always fun to have around. These little girls are so sweet. I love my primary kiddies. 


#76
We love to put the couches together and have a movie night. Tonight was Mission Impossible 3 and it was great. I have to admit my love for Tom Cruise definitely diminished since the first MI but I appreciate a good movie still. I love how excited the kids get to "put the couches" together. Lately on the weekend a family movie night sounds like the best option.